You’re probably wondering before your next Botox or filler appointment, “Is there anything I need to do/no do before I get injected?” Absolutely. But not too many offices go into detail about it.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol at least 3 days in advance. Alcohol thins your blood, and heightens your chance of a bruise.
- Refrain from taking any blood thinners for at least a week (i.e. Asprin, Alieve, Fish Oils, Vitamin E).
- If you are female, try not to schedule when you are on your cycle. Your blood is naturally thin and your skin is more sensitive.
- If you are on antibiotics, wait until they are out of your system. Sometimes antibiotics can shorten the lifespan of injectables.
- Notify your injector of any medications you are taking.
- Do NOT exercise the day of injectables. Sometimes it’s not recommended to exercise for a few days after depending on the work that was done.
- You may use Arnicare cream on the sites of injection if there is any bruising or swelling.
- Ice packs also work great for any bruising or swelling.
- If you have a bruise or swelling, refrain from drinking alcohol until the bruise/swelling goes away.
- If you get Botox or a similar product, do not lay down or flip your head over for at least 4 hours (ex: taking a nap, going for a bike ride, yoga, etc.).
- Do NOT massage the areas that were injected. Be very gentle.